Scan etiquette to optimise your experience during your scan
- Please arrive 10 minutes before your appointment. You may need to fill out some forms including a brief family medical history or update previous medical records.
- Please bring your doctor’s referral/ request form.
- Please bring any previous scans relevant to your current pregnancy or gynaecological examination.
- Children under 10 years are not permitted in the scan room.
- If children over 10 years are to accompany you to the scan, it is essential that you bring another adult to be responsible for your child during your scan and consultation. Their help will prove invaluable to you. A short DVD recording is made of all scans. If it is necessary for your partner or friend to leave the room with your child, they will still be able to enjoy the scan later.
- Please allow two hours for your visit to the fetal assessment center. This will usually be adequate time for your examination, consultation, report, DVD, 2D and 3D photos to be prepared for you take home.
- Please switch off your mobile phone upon entry to the practice as these can interfere with the medical equipment. Mobile phone calls are definitely not permitted in our waiting room or during the examination.
Practice Contact DetailsTelephone: +21 683 4653
Fax: +21 674 4680
Monday to Friday: 08h30 - 16h00
Closed Saturdays and all public holidays
Quadrant Square 3B
Suite 203, Second Floor
Cape Gate Medi Clinic
c/o Tanner Street and Okavango Drive